Sunday, March 17, 2019

Brief Introduction

Hello,

Thanks for reading.

My name is Matt, i live in a rural (but not too rural) part of Japan in Fukui Prefecture. Originaly from the UK, I've lived in japan for about 5 years. I've been painting and playing with tiny toy soldiers since i was 13 (about 17 years). However, since i came to Japan, the playing side has really dropped off and this blog is an attempt to correct that.

Japan does have a small wargaming scene, largely driven by expats. This does not really extend much into the rural areas and is centered around the big cities. As such i fear this blog may mostly be solo wargaming, but having read other blogs which feature solo wargaming heavily, I'm beginning to like the idea.

Previously I played mostly Games workshop's Warhammer fantasy as well as 40k. As I grew older I dabbled in flames of war and once GW killed off fantasy I completely moved over to other companies. As such i have a full 28mm scale Napolionic British army and a small french one. A large force for both the UCM and Scourge for dropzone and dropfleet commander, and small amounts of loads of other stuff.

At the moment im working on Japanese and American land, sea and air forces for WW2 in 6mm scale, 1-600 scale and 1-3000 scale respectivly. The plan is to do a complete refight of the Guadacanal campaign which should he the first major theam of this blog.

Thats about it for now, the next post should contain some photos of my prep and an over view of the campaign, which reminds me, i need to get a better camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment